Blueberry Muffins were on the quick and easy menu this morning. I used Costco’s organic blueberries, which were bursting with flavor!
Author: Summer Williams www.SummersKitchen.com
Recipe type: Breakfast, snack
Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (the equivalent of 1 bag of Trader Joe's blanched almonds, ground in a coffee grinder)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla powder
- ⅓ cup grape seed oil or coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup frozen or fresh organic blueberries
- coconut sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, and vanilla powder.
- Add oil, honey, eggs, and blueberries.
- Stir to combine.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Fill each muffin tin to ¾ full.
- Top each muffin with ¼-1/2 tsp of coconut sugar.
- Bake for 20 -22 minutes, or until muffin bounces back to the touch.
- Do not over bake. Muffins are nearly done when you begin to smell them.