I love this creamy, smoky butternut squash soup. The cumin adds just enough flavor, while keeping it’s delicate sweetness. It’s great on it’s own, or paired with a gluten-free sandwich.
Smoky Butternut Squash Soup
Author: Summer Williams www.SummersKitchen.com
Serves: 6 cups
Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
- 3 lbs butternut squash
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise.
- Bake face down until fork punctures skin of squash easily.
- Once squash is cooked, scoop squash out of skin.
- Discard skin, and place squash into a high speed blender.
- In a large cast iron skillet or pan, saute' onions, carrots and celery until soft.
- Add sauteed onions, carrots, and celery to blender with squash.
- Add sea salt, cumin, black pepper, and chicken broth to blender.
- Blend until smooth.