I love a thick and chunky cranberry sauce. The added walnuts add the perfect crunch to this side dish!
Summer's Cranberry Delight
Author: Summer Williams www.SummersKitchen.com
Serves: 8 cups
Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free
- 2 12 oz. bags of fresh cranberries
- 1½ cups apple juice or orange juice
- 2 cups honey
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 chopped apples, optional
- In a medium to large size sauce pan over medium heat, add cranberries, juice, honey, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the cranberries start to pop. This may take up to 10 minutes.
- Toss in chopped walnuts.
- Remove from heat and place sauce in bowl.
- The cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.