My cashew cream is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free. If you tolerate cashews, they’re a great source of magnesium and copper.
Strawberries and Cashew Cream
Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- 1½ cups raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours
- 2 Tbsps. coconut oil*
- ½ cup nut milk or coconut milk
- 4 tsps. apple cider vinegar**
- 2 tsps. lemon juice
- ¼ cup coconut sugar***
- organic strawberries
- Drain water from soaked cashews.
- Place cashews in a high speed blender.
- Add coconut oil, nut milk or coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and coconut sugar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top sliced organic strawberries with a dollop of cashew cream.
- *Coconut oil is a wonderful oil to use because of it’s anti-fungal properties.
- **Apple cider vinegar is NOT an SCD food.
- ***Coconut sugar is rich in potassium, magnesium, zinc and iron.
- Always choose organic berries because they are heavily sprayed with pesticides.