Paleo Pizza Meatballs are great for packing in a lunchbox. 🙂
Just make a batch and keep refrigerated until needed.
Paleo Pizza Meatballs
Author: Summer Williams www.SummersKitchen.com
Recipe type: Lunch
Serves: 30 meatballs
Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, egg-free, (cow)dairy-free, refined sugar-free, egg-free
- 1½ lbs ground turkey or grassfed beef
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- mozzarella goat cheese, sliced into 1'' x 1" squares, ¼" thick
- organic pizza sauce with no additives or preservatives(Cadia organic pizza sauce is my choice)
- Set broiler on high.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together (with your hands) turkey or beef, onion, oregano, and salt.
- Do not over work the meat mixture, or it will become too chewy. Mix just until all ingredients are combined.
- Have a medium size casserole dish nearby.
- Roll meat mixture into balls the size of quarters or silver dollars.
- Place each meat ball into casserole dish.
- Once all meatballs are finished rolling, place in broiler.
- Broil for 7-9 minutes, until slightly browned on top.
- Once tops are browned, remove casserole dish and carefully roll each meat ball over with a fork.
- Broil for another 4 minutes.
- Remove casserole dish and top each meatball with a 1" square of goat cheese.
- Broil for 3 more minutes, just until cheese is slightly melted.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
- NOTE: Meatballs and pizza sauce are great for packing in a lunchbox!
- Makes 28-30 mini meatballs