Today is Father’s Day and I’m making my husband’s all time favorite, BLT Chicken Salad. It’s flavorful and filling, and a hit at any backyard party!
Paleo BLT Chicken Salad
Author: Summer Williams www.SummersKitchen.com
Recipe type: Salad, Main Dish
Simple, Paleo, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- All of the meat from 1 unseasoned organic rotisserie chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 head of organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 package of Applegate Farms Uncured Turkey Bacon, chopped and cooked*
- 2 large organic tomatoes, chopped
- 2 organic avocados, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink salt
- 2 tsp raw honey
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 1¼ tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- *I cut my turkey bacon into pieces with kitchen shears and cook in a cast iron skillet. Otherwise, cook and crumble like usual.
- In a large serving bowl, combine chicken, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado.
- In a separate container, whisk dressing ingredients (olive oil, vinegar, salt, honey, pepper, dry mustard, and garlic).
- Pour over salad.
- Toss and serve.