Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Need I say more?
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Author: Summer Williams www.SummersKitchen.com
Gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free
- ½ cup cacao butter (I use Sunfood)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 5 Tbsp honey
- 20-30 organic strawberries, refrigerated
- parchment paper
- In a double boiler, or a make-shift double boiler, melt cacao butter in upper dish above boiling water.
- Turn off heat.
- Once melted, add cacao powder, and honey.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove chocolate mix from heat source and let cool.
- As the sauce cools, it will thicken.
- You can place bowl of chocolate sauce in refrigerator to speed up the process of thickening.
- Once the sauce is the consistency of thin pancake batter, individually dip cold strawberries into chocolate sauce.
- Place on parchment paper to set.
- Refrigerate any uneaten chocolate covered strawberries.