I present to you my simple grain-free banana nut muffins! They’re simple to make and easy to grab-and-go!
Banana Nut Muffins
Recipe type: Advanced SCdiet, Baked Goods, Snacks
This is an advanced SCdiet/GAPS recipe. Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- 3 cups blanched almond flour*
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 ripe organic bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- **optional: ¼ cup chopped walnuts for topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except walnuts.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Fill paper liners to ⅔ full.
- **Optional: sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until muffin springs back to the touch.
- NOTE: Muffins are just about finished baking when you begin to smell them.
- *If you can’t find almond flour in your area, you can buy blanched slivered almonds at Trader Joe’s, and grind them in a coffee grinder. Two bags of Trader Joe’s blanched slivered almonds yield approximately 5 cups of flour.