This is my super simple version of Cream of Mushroom soup. It’s naturally dairy-free, and also safe for those on the SCdiet, or paleo diet. This soup can be eaten alone, or added to any recipe that calls for cream of mushroom soup.
PALEO, SCD, & GAPS safe soup.
- 16-24 oz organic mushrooms, sliced (2-3 packages of mushrooms)
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- optional: ¾ cup fresh coconut milk
- In a medium to large pot, heat 4 Tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms, onion, garlic, and sea salt.
- Saute' until soft (approximately 10-12 minutes)
- Place cooked mushroom mix in a high speed blender.
- Add chicken broth (and coconut milk if using coconut milk)
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve as a soup, or add to your favorite dish that calls for mushroom soup.